Tuesday 14 September 2021

Free As A Bird Just Because Card & Pseudo Spotlighting

 I received a lovely thank you card from one of my craft ladies this week and I loved the way she had used layers and picked out some details creating an effect that was as much art as card....if you know what I mean.  Anyway, thanks Carole, because you inspired me!

Today’s card uses the Picture This die to make three frames for the beautiful Bird Ballad DSP, sadly retired :(


The "birds on a branch" were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and watercoloured using my Classic Ink pads and an aqua painter.  Definitely my preferred way to watercolour because it's so easy, even I can do it!!  I then cut out the whole image.  

TIP: Stamp your image and give it a few minutes to thoroughly dry.  That way it won't bleed when you watercolour it.  Don't have the brush too wet - I like to blot it on paper towel - otherwise your cardstock will warp as it dries.

The small squares were made by stamping an image and using a 1" square punch to cut them out.  This is a different take on the spotlighting technique, adding interest to the design. 


I stamped the greeting on to the narrow rectangle that came out of the main die cut and used my square punch to create a banner shape at one end.  You can see another idea using spotlighting here.

What stamps have you got that you could try out the pseudo spotlighting technique?

Happy stamping :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.