Monday 13 September 2021

Free As A Bird Colour Inspo

 This week I'm making cards with the Free As A Bird set from Stampin' Up!

                  Item 149468 Set of 12 cling stamps

My friend Susie sent me this gorgeous photograph of a parrot, and that provided some inspiration for the colours of my little birdies!

The base card is Coastal Cabana, with a layer of DSP from Expressions in Ink - this one is Pale Papaya.  The birds were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and so was the flower.  I coloured the image with Stampin' Write Markers using Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay.  The leaves are Old Olive and the branch is Early Espresso.   I wanted the flower to be a little softer in colour so I used an Aqua Painter and the Pale Papaya Classic Ink, and it's popped up using a dimensional.

For the sentiment, I stamped on Basic White and cut out with a die from Tasteful Labels.

If you have a go at a card like this, please leave me a comment below.

Happy Stamping









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.