Sunday 19 September 2021

Step It Up Saturday with Color & Contour

 One of the many advantages of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is access to so many amazing design ideas and a fantastically talented craft community.

This week in our demo-only email there was a beautiful step it up project that I just had to CASE.  They used the Nature's Harvest set that I don't have - oh dear, I might have to splash out....hahahahaha!   

Anyway, I re-created the project using the Color & Contour bundle.  Take a look:






CASUAL

To make the casual card, stamp the image once in Evening Evergreen, then use the two-step method to ink in the flowers in Pale Papaya.  I stamped the greeting and cut out using a die from Tasteful Labels - there I go getting more bang for my buck again!

AVID

I love the Expressions in Ink DSP, and added an extra strip to make the panel pop a bit more & trimmed the corners on one end.  The gold accents were made using the Sprig punch.  There's a bit of background stamping on the back panel too.

ARTFULLY AVID

My artfully avid version includes a wash of colour across a piece of canvas - I really wanted to use the linen paper from the catalogue, but I don't have any and this layer called for texture. I used my aqua painter and Evening Evergreen ink to create the wash.  You have to let it dry - preferably for an hour or so and weight it down so it doesn't curl when it's drying.  Use a distressing tool, or your scissor blade to "rough up" the edges.

I hope you like this project, and feel inspired to have a go at stepping it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.