Monday 21 October 2013

Can Altered Packaging Ideas Reduce Landfill?

I prefer to make my own packaging for gifts wherever possible.  And I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to great packaging shapes, whether it's bottles, boxes, plastic fruit containers or whatever!   My husband is constantly rolling his eyes at me when I ask him to save yet another item that he deems to be rubbish!

So today, I thought I'd share with you a couple of the things I have made that started their lives as something else.  Some of them are packaging, but some are now "new" objects in their own right.  I should point out that these are not all my original ideas - there's only about a dozen "new" ideas in the craft world, the rest are all variations!!

 This is a baby memory tin.  Can you guess what it was before?  

The ribbon was a challenge.  I used my old Stampin' Up! tool kit with the eyelet setter and hammer to make the hole.  It was noisy but it worked!
 These are the little inserts to write the milestones on.  I printed them on the computer using Whisper White card stock - border included then cut them with my trimmer.

I found the poem online and thought it was such a cute idea.  I still have incomplete baby books and my girls are almost 13 & 16!  I think one of these would have been much better for me!

 This is my personal favourite.  It would make a lovely gift box for jewellery or a scarf or other small item.  Yep, chocolates too!
 I think you may have guessed it started it's life as a strawberry box!  I filled it with shreddie that I've had for years, but if you've got a document shredder at home or work, you could make your own.  
 The cardstock was heat embossed with gold.
Ornament Keepsakes & Holly Jolly Stamp Set work well together don't they?

I'll have more ideas for you tomorrow, so pop back then.

Leave a comment if you think you know what the Baby Memory Tin was made from.....

Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.