Tuesday 22 October 2013

More Altered Packaging

Yesterday I shared a couple of ideas for upcycling packaging.  Things you probably have in the cupboard that you can re-use to create interesting and pretty gift wrapping.

Here's a couple more:
 The humble egg carton has been re-used by children in schools and preschools forever!  But it's also cute when dressed up for nice choccies!  I like to buy eggs laid by hens in the farm yard but while looking for them be sure to choose the most natural looking boxes too.  This one was white but I did add a coat of sealer and some white paint to pretty it up a bit more.  Be careful though, food items do absorb odours and paint-tasting chocolate is yucky and possibly poisonous!!

 This is an all-time favourite bottle shape for me.  It's flat on both sides so you can stamp on it, but because it's round, it's perfect for doilies.  This one was made using brown packing paper from my Stampin' Up! orders and I cut it out using the Large Doily Die for the Big Shot.

 You can never have too many tea-lights.  These look stunning en masse in the garden when you're entertaining.  And they're super easy to stamp using black StazOn ink.
You can't see it here, but I've even stamped the bottom so you get a nice pattern reflecting when the candle is lit.

Happy Tuesday.
I may have a couple more ideas for you tomorrow, so pop back.

Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.