Monday 30 July 2012

Simply Made

What do you do when you have a piece of Spice Cake DSP lying around?   Here's what.....



Super simple, but so gorgeous!  The Simply Scored features in the border around the paper.  And the butterflies were made using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.

As this was a custom sized card, I needed an envelope.   Enter, the SS Diagonal Plate!  So, yes, I made the envelope too.    Are you envy-ous!   If so, order yours today.

The photo corners were made using a retired Stampin' Up! punch.

I've made the envelope fasteners by punching out two circles, 1/2" & 3/4" and sticking them together with snail.  Then I put a brad in the centre.  I attached crochet thread under the brad and tied it in a double knot so it's secure, then trimmed the end off.   The bottom fastener is made in the same way but I just wrapped the lose end of the thread around it 3 or 4 times then cut it off.  I've left it quite long so you've got some to hold on to.   Both fasteners are held in place with Sticky Strip because it's really strong.

I love lining envelopes with DSP.  It really makes it so very special!


When you buy your diagonal plate you'll receive some instructions with measurements for standard sized envelopes.  It is so easy to use.   I had to figure out my own measurements because my card is a 12cm square (and not standard), but it really was very easy to work out.

Hope your week is off to a great start.
Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.