Wednesday 11 July 2012

Candle Stamping

Is that like potato stamping?   Do you cut shapes out of candles, press them in ink and stamp them on stuff?    No, you stamp on the candle silly!  Not with your size 7's, just with your rubber stamps and inks!! 

Ok, enough silliness on this Wednesday morning.   I saw this stamping technique on SCS and it sounded quite simple so I thought I'd try it, and you know what? It is!

Basically, you stamp onto tissue paper, cut it out (close to the edge but without worrying about the details).  Then you place the tissue onto the candle where you want the stamped image to be, and wrap it in wax paper.  You need to hold the wax paper tightly so the tissue is held firmly on the candle.   Using your heat gun, heat the image for a few seconds.   The image will quite literally "melt" into the surface of the candle.  Gently peel back the wax paper & you're done.

Here's one I did with the Music Notes wheel.   I actually tried it first and although it was harder to do than the hearts, I was surprised how well it turned out.  



You get the best results with light coloured candles, and should note that the image comes out a little lighter on the candle than it looked when first stamped onto the tissue paper.  SCS recommends white tissue as well.   I might challenge that with some coloured tissue.  I'll get back to you!

Happy mid-week!
Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.