Saturday 24 December 2011

Snowflakes

With our tropical weather right now, snowflakes are not exactly on my mind.  In fact, I feel more like I'm living in Singapore than Sydney!  But it is Christmas and I love snow......ahhh the christmasses of my childhood.  And more recently, those spent in the US.
Anywho, making that lovely snowflake using the lace border punch for class recently, I had some over and this is what I did:


 
I've had these note pads for ages...years maybe..giggle.  They were already cute with their little built in pen holder and miniature pens.   But now they're gojus!! 

I covered the fronts with DSP.  The one on the left is Beau Chateau, on the right is Old Olive from the Brights Stack.  The Not Quite Navy scallop circle comes from the Perfect Pennants die for the Big Shot.  If you haven't got one of these, you're mad (and I mean that nicely!), because we've already had a great sale on the machine this year so now you'll have to pay full price.  Still 24 hours to call me before it's too late for a gift certificate though!!



Here's a close up of the snowflake.  You take a strip of cardstock, mine was about 18cms long and punch the whole length with the Lace Border punch.   Then you accordian fold it and adhere the two ends with sticky strip to make a circle.  It will want to sit up like a funnel so you have to tease it flat in the centre and use a dollop of mono liquid glue to stick it to the scallop circle.  Punch a bit more out with the Lace Border again and cut out a centre piece to glue onto the middle of the snowflake.  Top with a rhinestone and you're done.

For extra pizzazz, use a Zig glue pen to add a line of glue along one edge of the punched strip before you accordian fold it.   Sprinkle it with Dazzling Diamonds and wait a couple minutes for it to dry before folding - carefully to avoid all the glitter coming off on your hands.

Now who wouldn't want a pad to write their wish list on that looks like this?

Be merry!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.