Tuesday 27 December 2011

Gelato

Here's a card I made for my daughter's friend who will be in Rome for her birthday this year - lucky girl!

The idea came from Jackie Topa.  She's an absolute whizz at cardmaking but particularly brilliant at creating almost anything using punches.   I wish I could see punch shapes in every day items still, with a bit of practice I'm sure I'll get better.



The cone is made with the Petal Cone die & then embossed using the square lattice folder.  I punched out the icecreams with the 2 1/2" circle first, then punched each one with the 2 3/8" scallop circle.  The first "scoop" of icecream is actually from the Petal Cone die.   I stuck it behind the cone and then layered the "flavours" on top.   A red button with some florist's wire for a stem makes a yummy cherry on top.

Hope you have a gelato flavoured day.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.