Wednesday 9 November 2011

Oh Joy!

Just tried my first Joy fold card.  And I think I like it!  There's quite a lot of processes but that may be because I made it a bit busy.  It's simple enough to do, and I think you could play around with the dimensions to suit your needs.


Do you see the little blue scallop trim behind the Happy Birthday greeting? I made that by punching out some cardstock using the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. Then I cut the punched piece in half lengthways to stick it behind the Modern Label.


You can see how I've attached the little closer-holder thingy here.  I've used dimensionals but put two on top of each other so it's easier to close the card.



I love the way all the patterned paper is so different, yet it works so well.  That's the beauty of Stampin' Up! co-ordinating products.  Takes all the guess work out!   And this particular pack of DSP has 11 colours in it making it perfect for all sorts of projects and colour palletes.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Warmest Regards & Tiny Tags, Creative Elements
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy & Whisper White
Paper:  DSP Paisley Petals
Ink: Bravo Burgundy & Not Quite Navy
Modern Label, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border & Jewellery Tag, Bird Builder, 1 1/4" circle & 1 3/8" circle punches
Linen Thread

Stay cool in this HOT November weather.   I'm melting in my craft room!
Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.