Sunday 24 April 2011

SplitCoast Colour Challenge

The requirement of this SCS challenge was to use Concord Crush, Crumb Cake & Ivory. Colour challenges are great because they give you a starting point, in much the same way as a sketch challenge.   When you look around your craft space, or at your supplies, don't you get overwhelmed by the amount of choice you have?   I certainly do.  So challenges suit me down to the ground.  Basically, you get the parameters of the challenge to "jump off" from then you can create your own unique piece of work.

Ok, so I've been wanting to craft for crafts sake - and here's one of the results:



I'm afraid my photo doesn't really do the card justice.  The base is Very Vanilla (my version of Ivory!), the Top Note die was cut using.......ta da......brown packing paper (my crumb cake), then I've used Concord Crush cardstock and DSP.   The ribbon is Concord Crush.   I've spritzed the whole thing with Concord Crush marker.  The scallop shapes are in Very Vanilla and Concord Crush and both from the 2 3/8" punch layered together.  The pearls are from the basic jewels range.

Tip:  when making paper flowers decide how open you want the petals to be before you put your brad in the centre.  If you're going for a tighter closed flower you can use a plain brad because it will be covered up rather than using your gorgeous (and more expensive) rhinestone brads.

Happy Easter.   Hope the bunny stopped by your place today.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.