Wednesday 16 March 2011

Mojo Monday 182

This week's mojo sketch is decidedly simple - love that!   It took me no time at all to create this card.  But I don't have Tracy with me this week so I'm afraid there's only my card to look at.   Maybe I'll do another later if I have time.

Here's the sketch:



Here's my version:



Elegant Soiree DSP really sets the stage for this card

I've used Elegant Soiree DSP on this one.  The colours are lovely, if a little surprising:  Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake.  I say surprising because to look at the paper you'd swear (well I would!) that it's Not Quite Navy instead of the grey.  Anyway, once you layer it with grey you can see it, but otherwise it plays tricks with your eyes.  The stamp set is Notably Ornate and that flower - WOW!  That's the Bigz Die Blossom Party.   I only took delivery of it yesterday and it may already be a favourite.  I've run the Baja Breeze square through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder - better be quick if you want this because it's in the current mini which finishes on March 31.  The Victoria Crochet Trim is also in the current mini.  I hand wrote the greeting after stamping and punching with the wide oval punch.  I did try it with a stamped greeting first but it seemed a bit lost with those lines so I figured writing would be nicer.

Happy middle of the week!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.