Tuesday 15 March 2011

One Sheet Wonder or Designer Series Paper?

I saw an idea for making Designer Series Paper on SCS, and thought I'd give it a try.   I guess it's really like doing a one sheet wonder - where you randomly stamp all over a piece of cardstock with various stamps and ink colours to create an effect that you can then cut up into various sizes and shapes, that you use to make a bunch of cards in one go.

I tried it out using similar colours to those on SCS, but mine are Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler and More Mustard.   I've built up the images by stamping off first on grid paper.  That's where you ink the stamp then stamp it on your grid paper before stamping it repeatedly on your project.  By doing this you achieve different tones of the same colour allowing you to create depth in your image.  Once finished, I sponged the same colours over the whole thing. 



I picked stamps that I thought would work together but they are all from different sets: Pocket Silhouettes, Great Friend & Fresh Cuts.   I've trimmed the cardstock and mounted it onto Cherry Cobbler before layering it onto a piece of More Mustard that I've run through the Elegant Lines Embossing folder with the Big Shot  (can't live without this!).  The card base is Very Vanilla.

So, off you go, find some stamps from different sets, pick a few colours and see what interesting "paper" you can make.  Feel free to post your own pics on your blog and link it back here if you like - or if you don't have a blog, email me the pic and I'll post it here for you.

Thanks for looking
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.