Friday 18 March 2011

Invitations

I have to make some birthday invites so I started playing around with ideas.  I haven't decided what to do yet, but I started the creative invitation mojo by casing something from a previous year's IB&C.

Here it is:


Friends 24-7, Wonderful You, Please Come

I like it because it's simple and elegant.   I wish they'd bring that stamp set back - it's called Wonderful You.  Well, that's the leaves anyway.   The greeting is from Please come, also retired.  The flourishy fleur de ley style stamp is from Friends 24-7.  It's so gorgeous - and current!  The colours on this card are Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla, with inks in Crumb Cake,  Old Olive and Always Artichokee.   I got the lighter green by stamping off first in the Old Olive.  Don't you love the lace - it's in the current mini.  Be quick, it's gone after 31 march.

Here's another one - this one's all mine!:


Perfect Plum Card with Birthday Bakery

This is a completely different style.  I've used the Top Note as in the previous card but punched out the frame and stamped the greeting onto a second piece of punched DSP and adhered it in side the frame.  The Top Note is mounted on dimensionals so you get the depth in the design.   The stamp is from Birthday Bakery, a hostess set and I've coloured it with markers in Tempting Turquoise, Perfect Plum, Old Olive & Regal Rose.  Party This Way is from......Party This Way!   And it's stamped in Early Espresson on Old Olive CS, then hand cut.  The bow is Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon stuck down with a glue dot. 

Happy Friday!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.