Tuesday 1 March 2011

Mojo Monday 180

Surprise!   I made my Mojo Monday project a lot quicker this week. 

Now, this was a challenge on steroids for me.  I opted to do the circular card.  May never do it again, but at least I had a go!   I really like it despite it taking me ages.  I did the base according to Julee Tillman's instructions here.  That was the super easy part!   I used the Scallop Circle for the Big Shot too, by the way.

The tricky bit was cutting the smaller circle layers and getting the scallop top on the DSP.   I used my Circle Scissor Plus which I'm still not very good at, but I did cut 3 perfect circles out of DSP and I must stress that DOTTO repositionable adhesive is vital to the success of each circle.  The way it rubs off with an adhesive eraser is also a huge bonus.  No wasted sticky paper!

The Mojo sketch is a tad fussy for me - I like the results, but I generally prefer simpler designs.  I also combined a lot of techniques which added to the complexity.   Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think.




Mojo 180



Supplies (you may need to sit down, there's a lot!)
Stamp Set:  Bliss (Sale-a-Bration 2011)
Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Baja Breezze, Soft Suede, Basic Grey
Paper:  Elegant Soiree DSP, Brown packing paper (for flower)
Big Shot, Scallop Circle Die, Circle Scissor Plus, 1.25" circle punch, Scallop Border Punch, Crop-a-dile
Rhinestone Brad, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Smooch Spritz in gold

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.