Wednesday 2 March 2011

Casing the IB&C 138

I've talked alot about finding your Mojo and how you can use ideas and other card examples to get your inspiration.   But there are days when you want - or need - to create something but you just can't think of anything "new".   I felt exactly like this today and so I decided to work my way through the current IB&C.   I probably won't get through the whole thing before SU releases the new one in September, but I'll make a start!

This one is quite lovely and appeals to me because of the layered scalloped cardstock.   It uses scraps again - yes, I'm on a roll here, and you can try all sorts of colour combos to suit yourself.


IB&C 2011 page 138 - check it out!

I reached for my bag of red and pink scraps, and voila, card done in a flash.  Little embarrassed to say I have ALL the supplies they used in the catty, although I did change the greeting...LOL.

Don't forget when using a dark card base that you'll need to put an insert in that you can write or stamp your message on.   And it's another opportunity to add some pretty touches.   I'm really fond of the Sale-a-Bration set So Happy For You, and as well as the greeting I used it inside the card and on the envelope.

Happy 1st of March....and autumn, one of my favourite seasons.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.