Friday 4 February 2011

Aviary Gift Picture

I've been very slow getting back into the crafting this past week.  Don't get me wrong, I've been doing things, just not finding the time to do the photography/downloading & blog typing.  I really don't know where the days go.

Anyway, as I'm going to use the Aviary stamp set in my next class, I thought I'd share a picture I made using it.  This is a gift for someone and I've chosen the colours that I know are favourites.   I did a lot of layering because I've used a box frame, so it allows for some dimension.   These frames are so easy to use and go quite nicely with all sorts of themes & colours.  I've used them for kids bedrooms with a colourful collage of bugs, and for a friend of mine who wanted some pictures to hang over her bedhead.   They are also great for framing photos that you've embellished to showcase a special event or holiday shot.  Here's a couple of links from previous posts:  http://kcpaperlady.blogspot.com/2010/06/simple-stylish.html     http://kcpaperlady.blogspot.com/2009/10/more-pics.html    http://kcpaperlady.blogspot.com/2009/10/pictures.html

You can buy the frames at Ikea in a variety of sizes.  Some box, some not.  And they're easy enough to reuse and change the picture if your decor changes.



Supplies used:
Aviary Stamp Set
Card stock - Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss (R) & Pacific Point
Loop to Loop rub-ons (R)
Ink:  Kiwi Kiss (R) & Pacific Point
Narrow cream coloured ribbon (non SU).   I've also dyed two pieces of ribbon using Kiwi Kiss & Pacific Point inks: super easy to do by running the ribbon over the surface of the ink pad - I use a sponge dauber on my finger so I don't get ink all over my hands.  Remember to let the ribbon dry before adhering it to your project otherwise it will soak into your cardstock and leave a yucky mess.
Jewels - Basic Rhinestones


Hope you like it!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.