Friday 18 June 2010

Simple & Stylish


I was thrilled to go into Ikea recently and find that they've now got the square picture frames that I really loved in the U.S.  Previously, I'd only been able to get the rectangle frame, but the square box frames are particularly lovely for layering images and giving a 3d effect to your designs.   I also like the simplicity of them and they come with a ready cut mount so you can easily create a professional finish.

This time around, I'd got an idea in my head for a set of 3 frames - yes, I have done these before, but not quite like this.   I was wanting a gift for my niece, and had a colour scheme and style to work with based on her newly decorated bedroom.  The colours are black, silver, white & lilac.   Her style is modern and clean with a few sparkles & sequins.  Here's the end result.  Hope you like them.








I designed the frames to be hung horizontally with the first one being on the left, second in the centre and third on the right.  The photos don't really do them justice.  I had to use the flash to cancel the reflection from the glass, so you've ended up with a bit of a washed out look.

Here's a supply list:

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Lovely Lilac, Silver, Whisper White
DSP: Tea Party (hard to see,  but it's in the second frame as the background layer.
Ink:  Silver Encore Pad, Lovely Lilac, Basic Black
Stamp Set:  One of a Kind, Priceless (swirl image)
Accessories:  Rhinestone Brads, Silver embossing powder
Tools:  Heat Tool, Cropadile, Stampamajig, Boho Blossoms Punch

I should get a picture of them "in situ" when my sister-in-law decides that my niece's bedroom is tidy enough to warrant it!!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.