Thursday 18 March 2010

Quick Cards

As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I have access to a pre-order system for the upcoming mini catalogue (you can too, if you become a demo - and there's lots of other benefits too!).  So, I ordered some of the new thingys - among them, the Textured Impressions Manhattan Flower & Perfect Polka Dots.  Both of which are EXCLUSIVE to Stampin' Up!   Here's what I did with them:
The Manhattan Flower card also uses Heard from the Heart stamp set in the autumn-winter mini catalogue.  Isn't that a gorgeous greeting? I love the size because it fits perfectly across the card.    There are 4 stamps in the set - you'll have to wait to see more, so check back often!!  The Manhattan Flower is embossed onto Bravo Burgundy cardstock using the Big Shot.  I've trimmed it to fit the card, which is Very Vanilla, and I've added some Taffeta ribbon in Kraft.   Super easy and totally gorgeous.  I'm thinking that these would make lovely Mother's Day cards for the troops.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next, is the Happiness Always card using the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder.   It's sized perfectly to use on a card front.  In keeping with the "quick" theme, I used some ribbon - the Striped Grosgrain in Tangerine Tango, and "false" bow is in the So Saffron from a recent promotion.  The flowers & border are from the Simply Scrappin' Kit called Petal Party (gggggggorgeous).   And the greeting is from the Sale-a-bration set Whimsical Words.   Don't forget to use a liner inside cards that are very dark.  Not everyone has a white gel pen you know!!

Having fun here.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.