Saturday 5 December 2009

Mini Christmas Tree

My daughter's birthday is 1st Dec so we like to wait until mid December to put our Christmas tree up.  This always presents a dilemma when I have classes in early December because I want the house to look festive so my ladies get into the spirit.  So I dug out the mini tree and started playing.   This is the result:



I've used the scallop circle, 1 1/4" circle, & 1 3/8" circle punches to punch out cardstock and layer them.   I got some yummy chocolate coins and covered them both sides, added a bit of gold cord, and voila!   Then I found some chocolate stars....there's a pattern forming......and this time used the punched out cardstock top and bottom with a brad to secure the cord to the top of the "ornament".  So cute - I did discover that my beloved snail adhesive wouldn't hold the star because it's a heavy truffle...yum yum, so I had to use tacky/pva glue instead.  But wait, there's more....I ran out of chocolates to cover and didn't want to haul myself off to the shops (because I'm crafting here....well duh!), so I made a couple of paper ornaments (scallop circle again) and some paper strips attached with brads top and bottom.   Woo hoo, I'm lovin' it.  Of course, the biggest sadness is that I've used Dashing and it's retired now :-((.   I love that Designer Series Paper.
All products are from Stampin' Up!  Except the chocolates, silly!    If you want more instructions - I'm posting in a hurry, email me and I'll happily share.
Happy Saturday!   And remember, if it's chocolate, you can eat it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.