Wednesday 21 October 2009

One Sheet Wonders

I've been wanting to do a Christmas OSW (One Sheet Wonder) for a while, and finally got around to designing my own after so much inspiration from some wonderful demonstrators that I follow regularly (see my list on the left).
Anyway, this one is done using the stamp set Season of Joy (#113023) & Holiday Treasures Designer Series Paper (#112469).  I used one sheet of Whisper White cardstock for the stamped images, and the idea is that you divide your cardstock up first and then stamp your images all at one time.   Then you cut up the sheet, and you're ready to go.   I then added 4 sheets of coloured cardstock - I used 1 each of Ruby Red, Old Olive, Baja Breeze & Chocolate Chip.  Each sheet gets cut in half to make your 8 base cards.  You could easily     simplify your set by using only one or two colours of cardstock as well.  I choose the colours based on the Designer Series Paper, by the way.  It makes it really easy to whip up a number of cards in one go because all your inks, paper & cardstock co-ordinate so well.  I then added embellishments as needed - some ribbon, brads & a few pearls from the Pretties Kit (109114)- I've had that kit a long time, and let me tell you, it was worth every cent because it just goes on and on!
TIP - don't forget you can use your punches for quick embellishments & extra details as well.
The nice thing about this OSW is that you create 8 cards in a flash - and they're all different.   I HATE production lines, that's what Hallmark is for!

I might even do this for my Holiday Stamp Camp in November - Expressions of interest invited!
Leave me a comment if you like what you see.   Come to a class if you want cards like these for the special people in your life this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.