Saturday 17 October 2009

What I've been doing

The last couple of days of the school hols have been busy, busy, busy.   Had a great time but not doing enough crafting so tonight I was fiddling around putting the final touches to a birthday gift and card.
What do ya think?


I've made this bag before but in a smaller size.  Had to devise an enlargement as the gift was bigger than expected!   Anyway, after some thought and a good ol' measure with the SU grid paper - couldn't do without that, I can tell you - I'd worked it out.  And I think it looks extra pretty with the choc chip sides.  
Supplies  - 2 sheets of DSP from Love Sparkles Simply Scrappin Kit, Chocolate Chip textured cardstock, 4 jumbo brads, 80cm of grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip - I used the 5/8" because it's chunky.  Tools used were the cropadile, large heart punch, scallop circle punch & 1 3/8" circle & 1 1/4" circle punches.  
Quick Tip: when making bags or boxes, use Sticky Strip to hold them together.  Snail just won't go the distance.





Here's the card.  Don't you love this colour combo?  It's a piece of Le Jardin that I was lucky to find because it was one of my favourites last year....or was it the year before?  Anyway, the colours in it are Bashful Blue, So Saffron & Always Artichoke, in case you want to find something similar.  The plain cardstock is Bashful Blue & the ribbon, my fav Choc Chip.  I've used Gallery Stamp Set and cut the image out after stamping it in Choc Chip on Very Vanilla Cardstock.   The letter I, is a chipboard letter which I've covered liberally in snail and then piled with fine glitter in the darkest chocolate I could find.   Voila!  
Leave me a comment if you like it.   I'm happy to share a "How to" sheet if you want to do the bag.
Until next time, get stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.