Saturday 21 August 2021

Step It Up Saturday

Today I've got an absolutely gorgeous step it up project for you.  And I confess, I may be falling in love with this stamp set!  

Its called Dragon Fly Garden, and you can find it on page 23 of the Annual Catalogue, Item #154411.  

It coordinates with the Dragonflies Punch.  And if you want to save money, they are available as a bundle.

Anywho, without further ado, let's look at the project!

Casual

The first card was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.  It's what I call Basic Stamping and it has a very clean and simple style.  I've used the script stamp from Very Versailles stamped in Crumb Cake.  I then stamped the flower image from Dragon Fly Garden in Evening Evergreen - good heavens that's a stunning colour - ever so slightly over the top of the script stamp.  The greeting is stamped in the same colour.  Then for added interest, I stamped the small multiple butterflies in Crumb Cake, again over the top of the script.

Avid


To take my first card to the next level, I've added layers.  The script stamp and butterflies are stamped on a Basic White mat, which is adhered to the card front.  The flower image is stamped, coloured with markers and matted onto an Evening Evergreen layer.  The greeting is stamped, die cut using Tasteful Labels and layered onto Evening Evergreen.  I also stamped the butterflies in Pale Papaya to pick up the colour in the flowers.

Artfully Avid

To go the "whole hog", I added a strip of Designer Series Paper - Expressions in Ink.  And I stamped the large dragon fly onto the same DSP and used the punch to cut it out and raise up using Dimensionals.  I then punched a small dragonfly out of DSP (no stamping) and added to the sentiment panel with a glue dot.


I hope you're inspired to have a go at making one, two or all three cards using the Step It Up method.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Happy Stamping!

Karen

Main Supplies & where to find them:

Dragonflies Punch on page 147, item #154240.  And if you want to save money, they are available as a bundle item #156224.

Very Versailles item 149275), page 101 

Tasteful Labels page 166 item #152886 

Designer Series Paper - Expressions in Ink item 155464 page 131.

Ink & Paper - pages 122 & 123.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.