Thursday 19 August 2021

Card Making with Scraps

It’s been tough in lockdown Sydney this time around.  And no doubt wherever you are in the country, or the world for that matter, you can relate.

A couple of weeks ago I did a quick (and a little bit silly!) video of me tidying my ribbon scrap drawer!  You can watch it here.

Believe it or not, I actually think lockdown has been awesome for sorting stuff out.  I feel quite liberated.  Today, at any rate!

Here's a few of the projects I whipped up with the scrap bits of ribbon.  Feel free to have a go and  I'm sure you'll increase your stash of ready made cards to have for all sorts of occasions coming up.  Don't forget you can also send a card "just because" and there's no better time than right now in lockdown.



The main image above, with the circles, was made by taking a piece of of one of our Adhesive Sheets (AC page 153, Item #152334):
1. Remove the backing from one side and adhere to a piece of Basic White Cardstock (AC page 136, Item #159228.
2. Remove the backing off the other side of the adhesive sheet - careful, it's very sticky.  
3. Adhere your strips of ribbon to the sticky adhesive sheet making sure you butt them up right next to eachother.
4. Trim your finished piece to size - mine was about 9.5cm x 14 cm.
5. Use the circle die from Picture This (AC page 164 Item #155559) to cut out the circles in a piece of cardstock that measures 10cm x 14.3cm.  Set the circles aside because they'll be great on another project.  I LOVE how the stitching appears on the positive and negative elements of this die.
6. Adhere the ribbon piece to your cardstock base with Stampin' Seal (Snail).  I used a Basic Black base 14.8cm x 10.5cm (AC page 123, Item #121688)
7. Adhere the die cut piece over the top of the ribbon piece using dimensionals (AC Page 167 Item #104430).
8. Using one of the die cut circles that you saved, stamp a greeting and attach with Stampin' Seal (Snail) Adhesive.  Add a little ribbon bow.  Voila!

You could easily make a bunch of the ribbon pieces all in one go, and set them aside as bases to make  more cards another day!

On that note, I'm off to try out some cards with my new stamp set, Dragonfly Garden.  Swing by again to see what I do.

If you'd like to order any of the products I use, visit www.stampinup.com.au 
and please select me as your demonstrator by using my monthly hostcode - for August it's K2DHMNAF

Have a great week and don't forget to be kind to yourself.

Cheers
Karen
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.