Friday 27 June 2014

Scrapbooking On-The-Go

With the arrival of Project Life at Stampin'Up! I finally feel that there is a scrapbook option for me. That said, I thought I'd start even easier with a home made on-the-go "smash book" for our holiday in Italy & Croatia. 

I always collect bits and pieces - ticket stubs, restaurant cards, menus, maps and brochures when I'm on holiday with the intention of creating a scrap book when I get home.  This NEVER happens! All I end up with is a shoe box full of stuff!  It has to change I told myself.  So here's what I'm doing;

Before we left home I grabbed some supplies.....

This & That album from the Epic Day collection. 
Epic Day coordinating stickers (they match the colour scheme)
Epic Day Washi Tape
Pre stamped images in matching colours
Punched flowers, banners, stars etc
Made tags for journaling 
Snail
Double sided tape
Glue dots
Scissors
Corner rounder punch
A couple of pens in coordinating colours for journaling.

I also made some pockets using Epic Day designer series paper and pre attached sticky strip to the back of the flaps so I can insert them wherever I like and use them to hold maps or things i'd like to be able to lift out and look at.  

Another consideration for this trip is that I don't want to print photos so wherever possible I'll use brochures to illustrate the places we visit. 

My main goal is to go home with a diary of our trip completed that has all the memorabilia stuck in.  It's ready for the bookshelf if I achieve my goal!

Pop back over the next week to see my progress. 

Ciao for now!
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.