Tuesday 1 October 2013

Christmas Window Tutorial

I was inspired to make this card by Cindy Hall, one of the design team at Freshly Made Sketches.  It's quite a nice way to use the spruce tree from Lovely as a Tree.


I stamped the trees all over a square piece of card stock that measures 10cm x 10cm.  Some of the trees were stamped without re-inking so you get the feeling of depth.  Then I cut the card stock into 4 squares, each 5cm x 5cm.  Layer them onto a piece of black measuring 12cm x 12cm and you have your "view" in a window frame.

The ornaments were made using the Itty Bitty punch.  I attached them with glue dots so they're not completely flat.  The sentiment is punched out using the Decorative Label and I punched a scallop circle from glimmer paper to add a little mat and give it that extra lift from the frame.  Garden Green card stock cut with the Little Leaves Sizzlit adds an extra bit of greenery - I only cut one branch and snipped it in half because it was a bit big to use whole.

The whole thing is layered onto another piece of Whisper White measuring 13cm x 13cm.  And finally my card base is Cherry Cobbler, 14cm x 28cm folded in half.

Don't forget, when you're making large square cards you need to ensure you either have an envelope large enough for it, or you'll have to make one.  You should also consider the postage cost because non-standard sizes attract more $$.

Have a super day.
Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.