Wednesday 2 October 2013

Butterflies on the Edge

This card is chock full of retired stuff....apologies!  However, take it as your cue to go dig out some of your older craft materials, I think you'll be surprised at what you find stashed in the back of your stamp drawers!!

And it's all about the butterflies.  They are from a set called Time Well Spent which was an appreciation gift to all demonstrators from Shelli, back when I was a demo in the U.S.  I won't ever be parting with it, that's for sure!

I stamped them on the edge of the Whisper White card base and have carefully hand cut around them.  This creates a border so you can see the inside of the card and I've added some patterned DSP in Blushing Bride (from an old stack).  I used my Stampin' Pastels on a cotton bud to colour the butterflies.  I bet you've got a set of those pastels somewhere haven't you?  And you haven't used them for a while, am I right?!

I'm not sure about the ribbon, it's a bit twee with that button and bakers twine but I thought it needed something else....and once it was stuck, I wished I'd left it blank with just the sentiment.  Tip - don't stick it till you're sure you're happy with the look.  Well duh!

Anyway the finished card is kind of girly and pretty.

Now, your challenge for today, if you choose to accept it, is to go find (or dig out) something you haven't used in a while and create a beautiful project with it.    I would love to hear about what you make, so please pop back with a comment to tell me all about it.

Have a lovely day.
Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.