Saturday, 27 July 2013

Wedding Cards

I was asked to make a wedding card for a Grandmother to give her grand-daughter on her special day.   She gave me a brief  but I couldn't decide which I liked best, so thought I'd let her choose.

Here they are:

This first one is a CASE from a card I saw on Pinterest by Amy O'Neill.  You can find her card here.
I love the elegance of this card and particularly the dyed flowers - I used Perfect Plum.


I got the idea for this on Pinterest also, but have changed it quite a lot.  The original was created by Daniela Sucker from Germany but I can't link to it because it was on an internal Stampin' Up! blog.  Sorry!
It uses the Floral Framelits - the largest one to make the base of the card.    The combination of Elegant Eggplant & Crumb Cake is lovely, and it's nice to make a different shaped card.

 Lastly, this card uses the envelope as a unique way of showcasing the card.


You use the "Mr & Mrs" frame to pull the card up out of the envelope.  The grandmother is known for loving violets and wanted flowers incorporated so this one has that little extra something inside.

I don't know which one she'll pick, so I'll pop back and let you know when she does.  Which one do you think she'll pick?  How about we have a little competition?  Vote here in the comments and the winner will get a gift from me!

Cheers
Karen

6 comments:

  1. They are both very pretty cards and envelopes. I made a card with te framelets like that and love it too. But on this occasion, I vote for the card with the music and embossing. It's so pretty with that envelope matching it as well. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Karen. Each card is amazing. I would have had trouble picking one.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first one. I thought I had posted a comment earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I agree with Susan that the grandmother will pick the card with the music.

    My favourite is number 3. No wait... number 1. No wait....number 2. No wait....number 1. No wait...... can you guess that I can't pick one over the others - I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all lovely, what a choice! hmmm I think between the last two. I am going to go with the unusual shaped one that uses the Floral Framelits.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen love both cards excellent job. I think I will vote for the first one with the music notes

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.