Friday 5 July 2013

My Digital Studio Expose

Grab a cuppa, I'll wait,  this is a long post!

This year at Convention, My Digital Studio was a major feature.  As you'd expect really, given that it's a whole new product in our market, and offers so many possibilities for the digital paper crafter as well as great hybrid options for the more traditional amongst us.

For those that don't know, My Digital Studio or MDS, is a software package that allows you to create paper craft projects digitally.  The package is inexpensive at $24.95 and comes with a lot of templates, papers, punches and embellishments.  AND you can purchase all sorts of downloads that are in line with current (and retired!) Stampin' Up! product that includes stamp sets, text, the list goes on.

I thought I'd share these samples that I purchased in Memento Mall (our SU shopping opportunity for logo and marketing merchandise).  They are a great example of the kinds of things you can do with MDS.

Free standing desk calendar

Every month is different

Like the font and design of July

Christmas Card.  Love this!  Imagine how easy it will be to make all your cards this year!

Flip book of your travels?  What a great way to share your holiday without boring everyone with a massive album!
And it fits in your handbag!
I love this wall art piece.  This sort of look with all the different fonts and the black and white colour scheme is really trending right now.  Imagine being able to change it up to suit your decor.

This is a hard-back recipe book.

I love that you could create a gorgeous recipe book and start a family tradition.

Invitations created simply, and easily

The tri-fold design is lovely with a photo of the happy couple included.

This last one is a card created by New Zealand Demonstrator Sharlene Meyer.  I've included it because it's a great example of a hybrid card;  a blend of digital & traditional.   The sentiment panel was created on MDS but Sharlene has used the Decorative Label to punch it out.  She's also added Baker's twine in Calypso coral.  Again, the colours, stamp sets, papers, punches etc all co-ordinate in the digital and traditional world.  
So there you have it.  Can you see the possibilities?  I don't think that either medium needs to be mutually exclusive, but I do like the idea of creating my scrapbooks digitally because I am so time poor, despite loving traditional methods!

Currently, if you create projects in this way you can print them at home, or take them to Officeworks or similar (more cost effective).  Stampin' Up! are working to find a print partner that will ultimately make it even easier to use this great new software.

If you would like to try before you buy, you can download a FREE 30 DAY TRIAL here.

Happy creating!
Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.