Tuesday 11 June 2013

Home Decor

These cute little bottles are filled with pretty paper and sparkly sequins, stars & buttons.  Add a couple of tea lights and you've got a sweet table centrepiece or a nice eclectic display on the dresser.

I was inspired to make these for my niece after my daughter made some for my birthday.  

 
I've used Designer Series Paper (DSP) in Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White.  Be quick if you want to order these because they retire at the end of the month and these patterns won't be back :(

 
I love this bottle.  It has an elegant shape and is a little bit bumpy on the outside which makes it shine.  The buttons are all shades of purple.  Stars punched from Glimmer Paper & silver sequins add a bit of sparkle. 

 
The Heart to Heart punch was perfect for this tea light jar.  It's punch on both sides and the candle looks lovely at night.

 
This one uses the Full Heart punch, again punched on both sides. 


You can change them to suit any décor (my niece's room is purple. white & silver.....you can see a previous gift I made for her here), and collecting interesting bottles/jars of different shapes and sizes adds to the charm and individuality of the display.

Don't forget to use battery tea lights - you don't want to set fire to the house!

Have a super Monday
Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.