Friday 14 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas - Day 3 Triple Time Card

I thought a Triple Time card was appropriate for today.  This is a really popular technique at the moment (I like to be on trend....giggle giggle..).   However, I've chosen none traditional colours which is kind of unlike me because I seem to be heading red & green all the way this year! 



I've used the Delicate Doilies stamp set in Elegant Eggplant & Rich Razzleberry.  Don't you love having a product that can stretch out it's usefulness all year long?   And I've spiced it up with silver metallic ink - it was a pad that we used to carry at SU but is now retired.    This particular one is great because it's an embossing ink but if you are prepared to wait a few minutes, it will dry nicely without heating, especially if used on dark cardstock. 



The greeting & mistletoe images are from the lovely Joyous Celebrations stamp set in the holiday catty right now (only until 31 Dec).  BTW I've heat embossed the greeting even though it's stamped in classic ink (Elegant Eggplant).  You just have to move quickly and get the powder on it immediately. 




White Organza ribbon & self adhesive rhinestones complete the shimmery look.  I cheated with the bow.  It's separate from the ribbon that goes across the card.  I attached the horizontal ribbon on the back of the largest white layer with snail.  Then the bow is attached with a glue dot.  If you are bow challenged like I used to be, this is the BEST ribbon because it's really easy to tie a gorgeous bow and it doesn't crease no matter how much you fiddle with it.

Dimensions for making a triple time card are as follows:

Card Base : A5, or 14.8 x 21cm folded in half
White or neutral layers:  143mm x 100mm
                                         113mm x 73mm
                                          83mm x 40mm
Coloured cardstock layers (same colour as base):  118mm x 78mm
                                                                                   88mm x 45mm.

1. Attach the 3 white/neutral layers together with dotto or repositionable adhesive, making sure they  are all centred nicely.
2. Stamp your images all over randomly, or as I like to say with "studied carelessness"!
    You'll hate the way they look right now but DON'T PANIC!
3. Carefully separate the 3 layers, and attach them to their appropriate coloured cardstock layer with snail.   I like to do these one at a time starting with the smallest piece so I don't accidentally flip the images and stick anything upside down.  Easier to do than you think!
4. Add your sentiment, ribbon, etc etc and THEN stick the whole thing to the card base.

I do hope you're enjoying my Twelve Days of Christmas projects.  Show me some love and leave me a comment....please!

Karen
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.