Wednesday 19 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas - Day 8 Teacher Gifts

It's always a challenge to come up with something new and exciting for the teachers each year.

But let's face it, they are inspirational, hard working, incredibly dedicated and already have a cupboard full of soap, mugs & chocolate!  

I hope this inspires you to make something memorable for that cherished person who has so much influence in the lives and futures of our children.


The "apple" may look familiar.  I first made it after Convention this year when Brian Pilling from the SU home office in Utah showed us how.  However, my first attempt was rather more like a pear!  I did this to prove I can make it the right way up!  I do hope you like it.



My second gift is a tin gift card holder. I have used some items from my craft stash that are not Stampin' Up! so I can't name them here. A little embarrassed to admit I bought them when we lived in America so I've had them a while. Always knew they'd be useful!



This is the inside of the tin - before the gift card is added! The letters were done with the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers Set, (R)

Lastly, a very personal gift.  This is instead of a card.  I had all the children in my daughters class write a special message for their teacher on a Top Note that I die cut and stamped an apple on to.  I hope it will be a lovely memory for her in year's to come.  The front & back cover were made using heavy duty cardboard that often comes in our packs of paper and the like.  I used Sticky Sheets to adhere a vanilla cover and stamped it with apples from the Tart & Tangy set (R).   The framelits are great for the quotes, and all the text was done on the computer. I punched a hole in the top left corner of each page with the Cropadile and an "O" ring holds it all together.     Ribbon in various colours and styles finished it off (all SU, I might add!)

Craft your heart out!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.