Friday 19 October 2012

Easy Vintage

Is there such a thing?  I'm not sure, but these cards certainly were easy and have turned out to be quite elegant too.

I was packing away my DSP from today's class when I came across some leftover Presto Patterns.  Long retired???? Not sure, but I had the idea to sponge the cardstock to make the pattern pop.  You see it's a white embossed pattern on white cardstock.....totally gorgeous, but hard to see.

This first card is sponged in River Rock ink.  Then stamped with the images from Established Elegance in Early Espresso, Baja Breeze & Crumb Cake.  The sponging is best done by starting on the outside edges and working into the middle.  Because the paper already has the embossed pattern it resists the ink.   It's then layered onto Early Espresso cardstock.  To get the card opening at the bottom, simply slice your A4 in half longways, so it ends up being 105mm x 297mm.  The Baja Breeze ribbon is folded and held in the centre by the Vintage Brad.  I used a large glue dot to attach it to the card.  The greeting is stamped before being punched out with the Modern Label then sponged around the edges.   I also used a piece of the Presto Patterns Specialty Paper on the inside as the card is too dark to write on, and I'm loving the look!



My next card was oh so simple........I've only sponged over the embossing this time.   The flourish was stamped in Crumb Cake and is from Elements of Style.  The greeting is from Curly Cute stamped in Early Espresso.   Pearl jewels attached as flower centres give it that little bit of "special".



Lastly, I've used a Crumb Cake base to frame this gorgeous piece of Presto Patterns that was sponged in Baja Breeze ink.  I've really worked the ink around the pattern so that it stands out.  Early Espresso wide grosgrain (retired) and vintage lace add a nice touch and the greeting is a good one for any occasion, stamped in Early Espresso.  Rhinestone jewels add that touch of elegance and the Decorative Label was sponged in Baja Breeze.

So, why not dig around in your stash, you might have some of this specialty paper, and remember, "let the paper do the talking", it may be all your card needs!

Enjoy the weekend.
Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.