Wednesday, 5 September 2012

SUO Challenge 53

Well, I have the perfect project for this challenge which is all about boxes and bags.

I absolutely love making bags and special packaging for gifts, so I am thrilled to share this with you.

The nature of SUO challenges is that they are "Stampin' Up! Only" so you can only use SU products.   And that's not hard when your craft room is full of them!!  Here's a link to their blog if you'd like to check it out.

This bag is soooooo simple.  It uses 2 sheets of DSP and a strip of a third piece to define the top.  I particularly love this paper, Floral District, and especially the sheets I've used because those poppies lend themselves beautifully creating the feature of the bag.   I made the ribbon surrounds using a 1" circle punch and punched the centre out using the 3/8" hole from the Crop-a-dile.  The ribbon is white Organza, also SU.



Happy Wednesday!
Make something special to celebrate mid week!
Cheers
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Love the way that you used the DSP image as a focal point for your bag. Thanks for sharing it at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect way to use the whole sheet of the poppy paper! (I wondered what to do with the stems after I used the poppies, lol.) Thanks so much for joining us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic bag!! I just love that page of DSP but have also struggled the the best way to showcase it. Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, and I'm with the rest of the gals - it's a perfect way to show off that piece of paper! Thanks for sharing with the SUO Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that DSP works great for a bag since it is such a bold pattern! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us on SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.