Wednesday 4 July 2012

Extra Large Mickey

My daughter asked me to make a card for her friend's birthday.  Apparently she loves Mickey Mouse and having never made a MM card, I turned to my endless source of inspiration, blog-land.   Thanks to a very talented lady by the name of Michelle Reynolds, I was able to C.A.S.E. this!



I make no apology for casing - Michelle had done a perfect card, so why mess with perfection?!   

My card is however, larger than standard.  I started with a whole piece of A4 in Real Red and folded it in half.   The Basic Black layer has been run through the Big Shot with a Textured Impressions Plate (I bought it when I was a demo in the U.S.).  Thank goodness I still had it - it allows you to dry emboss a piece of cardstock that's almost A5 in size. 

I used the 1 3/4" circle for the head, and 1 1/4" circle for the ears in the main Mickey.   The sentiment is from Word Play.   The word "Dream" is a stamp I had in my stash which I punched out using the Decorative Label.  But I may just have to buy the set "Loving Thoughts" on page 20 of the current mini now!

The 3 smaller Mickey's were made using the 1" & 3/4" circle punches.   Unfortunately, the gingham ribbon is retired.  I do wish they'd bring it back.....pleeeeeease!   The scallop trim border punch, and corner rounder punch adds a little extra detail. 

Thanks for looking!

Have a super day.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.