Wednesday 2 May 2012

A little bit Vintage

This card was inspired by Shelli.  She always wears lovely outfits and I like the way she combines texture and layers so I thought I'd give it a go in my cards.

This idea came from Shelli's outfit on page 2 of  the August 2011 issue of Stampin' Success.  If you are a demonstrator, you can find an e-copy on Splitcoaststampers.   I can't copy the picture, so if you're not a demo, my apologies, you'll just have to trust me!  Anyway, the colours reminded me of Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla & Marina Mist.



I've used a sponge to put colour onto the embossed vintage wallpaper pattern.  It gives a denim-like look to mirror Shelli's jeans.   The lace was for her jacket & t-shirt which were a mix of vanilla & cream colours.  I spritzed the crumb cake designer label and scrunched it.  This is a technique that makes scrunching easier because it softens the paper, but be warned, you can tear it easily and it won't stick to your project until dry.   I usually try to do these elements first so they're dry by the time I'm ready to use them.   You can work with a heat gun if you're in a hurry.  It's hard to tell but I did ruffle the lace from the brad to the back of the sentiment.   To keep it in place I used a couple of dabs of Crystal Effects.

Supplies used:
Stamp Set:  Warmest Regards
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Confetti White
Ink: Marina Mist &  Night of Navy
Big Shot with Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
Taffeta Ribbon in Crumb Cake, Victoria Crochet Trim
Vintage Brads
Designer Label & Modern Label Punches
The flourish is from my stash but I cut it out with Crumb Cake.  
Crystal Effects

Happy mid week.
Karen







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.