Thursday 26 April 2012

Mojo Monday 238

I got a bit carried away with this sketch and have made 3 Mojo Monday cards!
Here's the sketch:


My first sample:


To make the squares I started with a piece of Tea Party DSP (R) measuring 96mm x 128mm.  I stamped it with the flourish from Baroque Motifs using Versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I don't think it showed up in the pic but it has added a nice detail to the card.   I then used my paper trimmer to cut the piece into squares measuring 3.2mm x 3.2mm (which is the same as the 1 1/4" square punch).   Then I layered each one onto Marina Mist and then onto folded Whisper White card. 
Other products used:   Marina Mist ink, Wide Oval punch, Decorative Label punch, White organza ribbon, crocheted flower, Rhinestone Jewels and the sentiment is from Well Scripted (R).


My second card:


In an effort to keep it simple I decided to punch stars out of various colours of blue cardstock; Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Bashful Blue & Night of Navy.  The Whisper White cs went through the Big Shot in the Polka Dot embossing folder before being punched out with the 1 1/4" punch.   It's all layered on Certainly Celery, then onto folded Island Indigo as the card base.  The Designer Label punch was used for the greeting which is stamped with Night of Navy.  I used some bits of Mizuhiki cord and some retired buttons to complete the look.


Lastly;


Instead of representing the design with squares I decided to let repetition stamping define the grid pattern.   I've used a stamp from Spiced Paisley in Melon Mambo on another scrap of Tea Party DSP (R) .  It's layed onto Tempting Turquoise, then onto folded Whisper White cs.   The white organza ribbon looks gorgeous with the pleating and because of the white satin strip you can't see the adhesive (Sticky Strip).  Felt flowers long retired, a brad and a couple of stamps from Tiny Tags punched out with the Jewellery Tag punch complete the look.

Hope you get to craft something today!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.