Sunday 8 April 2012

First Prize!

Back in February I had a crafty day at home with my friend Lee all the way from Minnesota.  We're new friends as Lee found me at Glebe markets last October, but since she was here in Sydney to support her hubby who was working here, we became fast friends - lots of memories of me doing a similar thing in San Diego with Matthew.
Anyway, Lee has recently "discovered" craft and it's been quite lovely watching her "aha" & "wow" moments as she learned all sorts of new ways to express her creativity.   It's very contagious and I got inspired to make a purse to hold some cards.  It was intended as a gift, until I got asked if I'd like to submit an exhibition piece for this year's Sun-Herald Family Show at Fox Studios, Moore Park. 

Thinking, "what the heck, I'll have a go", the card purse and it's contents seemed like a nice submission.  So I sent it off last week.
We visited today, took the kids, had a bit of fun on the rides & sideshow alley, bought a couple of show bags and then wandered over to the craft exhibitors area.......and guess what?  There was my little purse complete with a blue "first place" ribbon.   Woooooooohoooooooooo, I won!




I'm so excited.
Cheers
Karen
Award winning PaperLady.....LOL  :-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.