Monday 6 February 2012

Valentine's Day En Francais

As much as I love making cards, I find it very difficult to make something for my husband for Valentine's Day because he's not really my  "handmade" style.  Despite that, I do always make something for him hoping that it won't turn out too girly!

Last week's class had us making Valentine's Day cards inspired/cased from a Stampin' Up! project in our latest in house magazine.

Here it is:


I like the simplicity and especially the colours - Wisteria Wonder is my fave In Color right now.  The glimmer paper is just gorgeous and so easy to work with because the glitter doesn't come off.  Great if you're averse to walking around with glitter on your face all day!

En Francais is a wonderful background stamp too.   Check out this card I made - totally different look & purpose but so delicate and pretty.


Yes, those are the SAB papers, Everyday Enchantment.   The Lucky Limeade "ribbon" was done by taking a strip of cardstock and scoring it at intervals then folding it accordian style.  My piece measured 1.8cm by 20cm & was scored at 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17 & 18 cm.  The card base is Calypso Coral & I've used the stamp from Pretty Postage that I inked with markers.

Go make something!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.