Thursday 5 January 2012

Without some discipline I will soon disappear under a pile of scrap paper & left over die cuts and punch shapes. It's not that I don't use my scrap bits and bobs, I certainly try, but somehow they seem to multiply in the dead of night while the craft room is empty......very mysterious!

When I made my Mojo card yesterday, I played around with a couple of things, as you do, until I came up with the finished project.  Naturally, my "extra" bits were piled on the table, and as I was about to sweep them into the scrap drawer a little voice yelled "Stop!"  Since they were all in the same colour scheme & looked quite nice together, my little voice told me to do something with them now.  So I did......



Absolutely everything is out of the scrap pile.  Even the card base.   I did have to do a bit of piecing together but you can't really tell so what the heck?

The punched circles and scallop circle came about by accident.  I punched the smaller circle first (Pool Party), then went back to the scrap piece, now with a hole in it and punched out the larger circle (Pool Pary ring).   The Very Vanilla scallop circle was made by punching out the 1 3/4" circle first then going back to the scrap piece with the hole in it to punch out the scallop which I offset slightly - just for fun!   I used Tombow multi adhesive to stick the hemp onto the ribbon because the bottle has a nice fine tip that you can easily use for small areas.

Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Pool Pary, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake & Metallic Gold
Ink:  Soft Suede
DSP:  Spice Cake
Punches:  Small Heart, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle, 1 3/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle
Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon & Hemp
Antique Brads

Hope you are somewhere crafting.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.