Friday 12 August 2011

The Value of Swaps

I'm part of a big team of Stampin' Up! demonstrators and most of them are on the Central Coast.  We have a team forum and it's a great place to trade ideas and share techniques and stuff.

From time to time we do a card swap and this month I hosted it.  The brief was to use retiring products so we would each have a stash of ideas to share with our customers.   This is also a great way for me to learn new techniques and provides inspiration for using my own materials in different ways.  

Normally we'd aim to get as many involved as possible and anyone in the group can take part but this swap was particularly time sensitive so we got a group of 4 willing attendees (me included).  Here's the results:



Starting top left and going clockwise:

Debra's card:   Uses Fresh Cuts stamp set in Marina Mist classic ink.  She's also used the Occasional Greetings set for the Happy Birthday.  Don't you love that perfect  bow? 

Nerida's card: Stamp sets here are Friends 24-7 & Sense of Time.    Nerida has combined these two really well using different ink colours - Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso & River Rock (I think).  She's added a touch of class by heat embossing the flourish (from Friends 24-7) in gold.   The Designer Label punch in Crumb Cake cardstock is also retiring.

Linda's card: Razzle Dazzle stamp set & Occasional Greetings are stamped in Pacific Point.  The DSP is Blueberry Crisp and the Designer Label punch is used in Pacific Point cardstock.

My card: I chose Great Friend for my stamp set and the DSP is Sunny Garden.  I've used the Designer Label & Photo Corners punch. The Striped grosgrain ribbon in Certainly Celery will also retire.

So there you have it.  A nice little grouping of swaps using retiring products.   Isn't it amazing that we all chose different stamp sets?   Now I have a couple of new ideas that I want to incorporate into my own cardmaking and lovely keepsakes of stamps & tools that I will really miss.

Happy Friday!
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.