Friday 22 April 2011

Paper Flowers

Funny how things come about isn't it?  I was wanting a way to use all the brown packing paper that comes with Stampin' Up!'s orders, and while googling, as we do, I came across an idea that Valita Reynolds had done.  Using the brown paper to make these lovely flowers is such a good idea that I doubt I'll ever have an overstock again as everyone is now asking me to save some paper for them!!

We did these flowers in class this week along with a cute easter basket.   Thought I'd share them here with you.


Paper Flower "swiped" across Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink


Paper flower spritzed with Cherry Cobbler

Paper Flower sprayed with Silver Smooch Spritz

All the cards use Greenhouse Gala - what a lovely versatile DSP that's proving to be.  I wasn't at all inspired by it in the catty, but as soon as I opened it and saw how bright and cheery it was, I knew it would be a favourite.

Tip:  If you don't have ribbon in a particular colour, substitute DSP and pleat it like I did in the sample with the spritzed cherry cobbler flower.  The DSP is Greenhouse Gala and I've used a piece of Baja Breeze that has a fine line image over it.  I cut the strip to about 12mm x 30mm and pleated it until I got the width I needed.  I then wrapped 3 pieces of linen thread over it and tucked it round the back before mounting onto the piece of DSP on the card front.

Thanks for looking!   Happy Good Friday.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.