Thursday 23 December 2010

Memory Box

Handmade gifts are so nice to make, and even nicer to give, especially when you know they will be appreciated.  I wanted to make a memory box this Christmas, and it had to match something I made previously this year for a birthday, plus it's designed to fit the decor of the room it will go in.

Here's what I came up with:










I've used the following supplies:
Extra Large white box & 2 smaller boxes 
Stamps:  Priceless, One of a Kind (retired), Sense of Time, Lovely Letters Alphabet
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant & Metallic Silver
Ink:   Encore Silver, Elegant Eggplant
Silver brads, Rhinestone Brads, Filigree brads, Hodgepodge Hardware
Ribbon (non SU)
Bigz Scallop Circle & Big Shot (you need one of these!)
Boho Blossoms Punch
Silver embossing powder

I loved making this box.    And it's so cute with the gorgeous little boxes that go inside for the smaller treasures to be kept safe and secure.   I chose white because it worked well with the colour scheme I needed to do,  but there are so many choices available now that my advice would be to buy these kinds of things whenever you find something you like - put it away and then it's ready when you need to make something special for someone special!

Thanks for looking
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.