Monday 22 November 2010

Regionals 2010

On Saturday I attended my second Regional event in Sydney.  This was the first year that it was held at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth Hotel.  Great location.  So easy to get to and very spacious and comfortable.  I was also really lucky to have Tracy come along with me.  We had such a good time and it was really nice to share it with someone this time around.  The last time I "went with someone" was when I was in San Diego and my upline Veronica took me along to the Anaheim Convention Centre.  Sydney isn't as big of course, but the creativity and ideas were flowing all the same.

The day started early with us arriving at about 8.30am to register and get our pack of make n take goodies.  The stamp set was "Every Moment" and we also had a pack of prepared cardstock, ribbon, and bits and pieces for each project - 4 in total.    We then started to exchange our swaps with other demonstrators.  I was really proud of Tracy who made lovely swaps (I still don't have one Trace so please save me one), and happily exchanged hers for some innovative ideas by other demonstrators and guests.  I will take some pics and post them for you later in the week.   Once settled in the conference room with around 200 other people the training got underway and it was full on till lunch time.   After lunch, there was more training and some great info from SU training facilitator Sophie about the new Smooch Spritz and ways to mix our inks for even more colour choices than you see in the IB&C.  Watch this space!  I think we'll do a class!

So without further ado, here's some pics:


Make n Take Projects

Watercolouring was the main technique of the day

Every Moment Stamp Set has these gorgeous daisies

And how cute is the little bird in the bull rushes?!


Tracy and me with Donna from the U.S. home office in Utah

Yummy lunch

Even yummier dessert


If you like what you see and want to go with me next year, put your hand up!    I'll post some swap pics tomorrow.

Hope your week is off to a good start.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.