Wednesday 3 November 2010

Mojo 163

Ok, so how do you get a rectangle with a scalloped edge all the way around when you only have a scallop border punch?   I almost went mad with this.   I tried every way I could to line up the scallops but while it was close, it just wasn't quite there.  So....I gave up...LOL.   Hence my card has a scalloped border in Choc Chip on either side, but not the top or bottom.


Mojo 163 Sketch



Mojo 163 My card

I've used the new flower brads neutrals collection for the first time.  I like them, but they are big on the back so I think next time I'd use a bit of sticky strip rather than just snail adhesive.
Other supplies for this card:
Stamp Set:  Fresh Cuts
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla & Choc Chip
Paper:  Haiku DSP
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
I've embossed the main stamped image - first I stamped it in Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock, then using a Stamp-a-majig I stamped over the top in Versamark so I could heat emboss it.  The greeting is stamped in Versamark on Choc Chip & embossed then punched out with the small oval punch. 

I'm off to make something else. 

Happy stamping.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.