Saturday 27 November 2010

Here's another Thank You

I think it might be time to put all the thank yous onto the cards for the troops page.  It's so lovely to receive them and it would be even lovelier for blog visitors to find them all in one area.  What do you think?

Here's the one I received yesterday from Afghanistan:
*************************************************

UNCLASSIFIED

Good Afternoon Karen the Paper Lady,

This is just a quick note to thankyou for sending Christmas cards for the troops it was a lovely gesture - thankyou.

Unfortunately, I will be home for Christmas so I want be using any of your wonderfully decorated cards, but others that will be remaining here over Christmas will definitely use them. I am just not sure that some of the guys will thank you, so I thought that I would on behalf of them all.

My "tour of duty" ends in a few weeks, and I will be heading back home to be with my husband and two children, just in time for Christmas.

Hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Thankyou again for the wonderful Christmas cards

Regards

Julie

J. DOOLAN
WO2
**************************************************

I replied to Julie because she didn't say where she was deployed and I really want to share the locations that our cards went to with you:

" Thanks Julie. You are very kind to send a thankyou. I have actually received a number of emails already. Not sure where you are stationed, so perhaps you can let me know as I will post your email on my blog. That way all the ladies who contributed this year will know that their cards were well received.


Best wishes to you and your family. It must be wonderful to know you will be coming home soon.
Cheers

Karen
PaperLady
******************************************

UNCLASSIFIED


Hi Karen, I am currently stationed in Afghanistan, and please thank all the ladies who contributed. Its wonderful to know that there are people back in Australia thinking of us over here.

Thanks again

Regards

Julie

J. DOOLAN

WO2  
*************************************************
 
Isn't that a lovely thankyou?  How sweet that Julie should send it, and make it on behalf of the guys too!!!
 
Hope you are enjoying this lovely summery weather.  Have a great weekend.
 
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.