Tuesday 9 November 2010

Cake

Ok, so this is totally off the card making and papercraft track but I wanted to share the cake that I made for Lana's birthday party.

After much deliberation - she had gone through 2 large cake books and put post-it notes onto every third page or so - she decided on the skateboard.   Actually, much to my relief  because it only meant baking one large cake and cutting it to shape!!  When I think back to the cakes I've done in the past, it was really simple.  But having said that, it's been a few years since I did this kind of cake because we used to buy them ready done while in the U.S.....tsk tsk, but there's so much choice & they were super cheap!

Here it is:



"stickers" made from piped chocolate




The colours for they day were black and white - mainly because she liked the chequered flag plates and cups.  We didn't have a theme until I realised that everything was based around lollies so I guess you could say the theme was sugar!     We played good old fashioned party games like pass the parcel and musical chairs.  Bashed the heck out of a "record" shaped pinata and yes, that's a sausage and cheese hedgehog in the picture.

Now it's onto the planning for Hayley's birthday.   It's that time of year!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.