Thursday 7 October 2010

Sketch Challenge No. 1

Sometimes we need a little help to get going on a card.  Yes, we know we want to make a card, but we've got so much stuff that it's hard to decide exactly what to use and therefore what to do!    I look at the array of stamp sets in my craft room and honestly feel overwhelmed by the possibilities.  Then, before I know it, I'm going from one thing to the next in a flibbity gibbity way and not actually achieving very much!  I think you know what I mean.

So, as a means of finding a starting point, I'm going to give you a challenge.  Every Thursday during October I will post a sketch challenge.  You can interpret it any way you like and can use any materials unless I specify a colour or subject theme. 

Once you've created your card, email me a picture (or call me and I'll come photograph it for you if you're nearby) and I'll post it here.   I must receive your entry by midnight on 13 October.  You can then all vote for your favourite by sending me an email and the winner will get a little something nice for their efforts.  

You don't have to do all the challenges, but if you do, I will give you a coupon for free shipping on your next SU order!

So without further ado, here's the sketch for today:



And here's my sample








Supplies Used:
Stamp Set - Playful Pieces (Hostess) and Short & Sweet
Cardstock - Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Choc Chip
Paper - Jolly Holiday DSP
Ink - Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Choc Chip & So Saffron
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Technique on tree - Kissing.

Good luck.  And remember that there's no right or wrong.  Just have fun!

Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.