Wednesday 13 October 2010

Invitations

While watching an old Stampin' Up! DVD from the US I saw a great idea for invitations that's quick & easy.   And let's face it, who could refuse to come to a party when the invitation was a Kit Kat?!  

I wrapped the Kit Kat in our Designer Series Paper, but you could also use wrapping paper or any paper that will fold around the chocolate bar easily.   It's best to use sticky strip on these because it's less like to "pop" open.  But remember that you want the wrapping to slide off so the party details are kept otherwise the chocolate gets eaten and the party info goes in the bin!!

The alphabet set is Schoolbook Serif.  And I've stamped it in Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron & Old Olive.   For the party info (not pictured), I've  used one of the invitation stamps out of the set Please Come, which was retired in the last IB&C.  It's a long narrow stamp so it works well on the back of the Kit Kat.   

My prototype used the large Aero bar.  I kind of liked the shape better than the Kit Kat but I couldn't get any plain ones. hence the change.  But you could really use anything you think your guests would like as long as you've got a stamp set that's the right size.




Thanks for looking!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.