Friday 25 June 2010

Christmas Cards for our Troops 2010

As the year marches on towards Christmas, I think it's time to get some info out about this years card making for our defence force personnel that are a long way from home.   Last year was the first year I'd attempted this and we had over 300 cards.   This year, I'm setting a goal of 1000.   

I was delighted to meet a number of demonstrators at Convention last month, that contributed cards in 2009.  And I know that there's a good few out there that have already started on this years donations.    I have actually received some in the mail!!   Here's one from Margaret Crawford:


Margaret is also involved in raising funds for Open Family Australia, so swing by her blog and see what's she's up to.

I will put a post on the top of my blog that has the details, but please, if you want to make and send some, feel free to participate, at whatever level you wish.   I'm planning on holding an event in October in Rozelle, and anyone wishing to come along is more than welcome.

So get started on your Christmas spirit!
Happy carding
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.